Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MiceChat: The dark side of Disney Fans

I've been a member of MiceChat since 2006. Back then, everyone was friendly to each other and respected each others opinions and any trouble makers were taken care of right away. It was also the main site were I posted my Trip Reports of my trips.

Now we fastfoward to today. The site has turned into a hellhole where the authority is now handed down to the members themselves. Many of MC's senior members from 2005 are constantly posting opinions while at the same time, making new members times on the site, complete chaos. And it keeps looking like the mods aren't doing anything to talk to these "senior members" about being nice to the new members and respecting their opnions. And most of their thoughts are negative looks at the Walt Disney Company today. Do I call them Disney Fans? No I call them Foamers. They will complain about just about everything, even something extremely small (like paint). Not to mention beating dead horses. Topics like Indy problems keep popping up every month and it's basically the same cycle over and over again.

And it seems like respecting others views is nonexistant on MC anymore. Its like the younger generation has the capacity to do that. Like me and MainStreetJake. Sure we had our different views and had some arguments here and there, but we respected each other and we eventually became internet friends. Others like MyCroft16 play peacemaker with the logical thinking equivalent to Spock from Star Trek, and yet the senior members ignore that logic. It's like theres two types of Disney Fans. One side likes everything Disney and finds little fault and the other doesn't like the current Disney and finds really exaggerating things to talk about the company that is mostly negative and will talk down any fans that don't have their same view.

I'm still active on there but I have restricted myself to the Duffy forum on there since it's the only place with a sense of the old MC that I use to know. But I know it's a matter of time before me and a couple of other members declare our Independence from MC and form our own website. And hopefully other MC members will see just how corrupt the site has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment